I especially love the fall when you have so many different flavors of apples to choose from. My favorite are Honey Crisps when they are in season, but after that, I really like Pink Ladies.
This is a fantastic healthy dessert or you can use it as a snack or breakfast. I have a hard time not eating this up as soon as I make it, but I need to wait until the chia seeds soak a while. Speaking of Chia seeds, do you know how amazing these little seeds are? These little buggers are packed full of nutrients, Omega 3’s and all kinds of goodies like that. And Yes, these are the same Chia seeds you spread over the ceramic chia heads! LOL
Here’s some Chia Seed facts for you…
Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the “chia gel” can hydrate the body.
Reduce your blood pressure: There’s evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect againstinflammation—such as arthritis—and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don’t need to be ground up.
Apple Pie Chia Pudding
Author: Jen Leppert
Recipe type: Snack/Dessert
Serves: 1 serving
Chia Seeds are a concentrated food containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber antioxidants and calcium!! A power house little seed that you can add to your diet and get just tons of benefits.
- 1 jelly jar with lid
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Chia seeds
- ¼ C unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp Grade B maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ fresh apple, chopped very small (I use Pink Ladys)
- Dash cinnamon
- appx ½ C unsweetend vanilla almond milk
- Wash and dry your jar throughly.
- Add your Chia seeds first.
- Then add applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, chopped apple & cinnamon.
- Mix ingredients throughly with a small spoon.
- Add half of the almond milk, give a good stir then add the rest of your almond milk or till the milk almost reaches the top and stir one more time.
- Let sit for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- It's best to make the night before and let sit in the fridge