Cranberry Relish! Oh Yum!
If you’ve never tried this, you are missing out! No more cranberries from a can!
I love this recipe so much because you make it a day ahead of time and the flavors have time to blend and you get a perfect balance of tart and sweet. It’s fantastic!
My Mom has been making this recipe for years because my father is diabetic. The sugar in the canned version is just too much for him. So we found this recipe and cut way back on the sugar and have even modified it from there.
Take a look and see what you think 🙂
Author: Nancy Winter
Recipe type: Side Dish
This recipe blends the tartness of the cranberries and apple with the sweetness of the orange and creates a wonderful fresh relish with a nice zing to it. I hope you like it
- 2 bags fresh cranberries
- 1-2 large navel oranges
- 1 medium green apple
- ⅓ C organic sugar, agave or honey
- Wash all fruits thoroughly
- Remove core and seeds from apple, slice and place in food processor
- Slice and remove seeds from orange and place in food processor
- Pulse to blend apple and orange
- Remove apple and orange from processor and process the cranberries one bag at a time.
- Mix together cranberries, apple, orange and sweetener of choice in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or lid.
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator