Need a quick recipe for some great homemade trail bars? This is it! These are full of great ingredients, not to mention about as much nutrition as you would get on an entire salad bar!!
These would also be great for an out the door breakfast/snack for kids on the go, before or after practice or school.
Not to mention, something healthy to have at work when the 3 o’Clock hunger strikes.
Make up a batch and tell me what you think.
Don’t have Shakeology yet? Click Here to read more about it and get your 30 day supply!
Shakeology Energy Bars
These chocolatey, fiber-rich, vegan-friendly bars will help give you the energy you need on the trail.
Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Yield: 9 bars
• 4 scoops Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
• 2 cups quick-cooking old-fashioned oats
• ½ cup unsweetened grated coconut
• ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
• ¼ cup raisins
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• ½ cup natural, creamy peanut butter
OPTIONAL- add some vegan mini chocolate chips for an extra energy kick
1. Combine Shakeology, oats, grated coconut, walnuts, and raisins in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Add almond milk and peanut butter to mixture. Mix well with clean hands.
3. Press mixture into 8×8-inch baking pan; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
4. Cut into 9 bars.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories: 300Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrate: 28gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 15g
You can also purchase the sample pack of 4. (2 Chocolate, 1 Greenberry & 1 Vanilla)
Jen Leppert is a Full time Mom, Wife, Mountain Girl and fitness coach who works with clients to help them reach their goals. Jen struggled with back pain, boring exercises, and plateaus in her progress for years until she discovered the solution that helped her lose over 30 pounds, over 2 pants sizes and keep it off . Whether you need to lose a lot of weight or a little, or need a way to get out of your rut, or if you want to make an income helping others reach their goals, Jen will help you get the results that you deserve. It is never too late to start. – Click Here to get started!