Roasted sweet potatoes are one of my most favorite complex carbs!!
They are such a nutrient dense and vitamin rich food and when made savory instead of sweet, they are so very good for you! Roasting them is so easy. We have them a couple times a week throughout the year. In the summer, with burgers instead of fries. In the winter, with other roasted veggies.
The best thing, they couldn’t be easier to prepare.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Author: Jen Leppert
Recipe type: Side Dish
Savory roasted sweet potatoes are so tasty. This recipe is so versatile too. You can substitute any favorite seasoning you like. Any of the Salt-Free seasonings are really good with these.
- 1-2 fresh sweet potatoes
- Himalayan Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1-2 tsp dried rosemary - crushed (or your seasoning of choice)
- 1-2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Set oven to 400
- Wash, peel & dice sweet potatoes (you can leave the skin on if you prefer)
- Toss with EVOO (I use a Misto), salt & pepper and any other seasonings
- Spread out in single layer in jelly roll pan.
- Stir after 10-15 minutes
- Done when edges are crispy