I’m going to show you how to roll Nori Rolls (Vegan Sushi) really easily. All you have to do is have your ingredients cut and ready. You can assemble these bad boys in no time flat!
Make sure your rice is already cooked. I use an Aroma brand Digital Rice Cooker that I got at Target. Or you can use the stove top method. Either way, you’re going to need about an hour & 20 minutes to cook your rice. While you’re waiting for your rice to cook, slice your veggies and cook your smoked Tempeh strips so they’re ready to go.
This is such a great skill to learn especially if you like Sushi. You’ll be able to roll like a pro!
Serve Nori rolls with a serving of Miso soup and Japanese Cucumber Salad.
Here is your How To video so you can see how easy these are to make!
- ½ tsp extra-vergin olive oil or EVOO Spray
- 1 strip smoky tempeh strip (or use baked tempeh)
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- ⅓ C cooked brown rice
- ¼ medium avocado, sliced
- ¼ medium carrot, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- ¼ cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 1½ tsp Nori Gomasio *Recipe to follow
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh; cook, for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Place nori on cutting board. Top with rice, covering half the nori lengthwise.
- Top with tempeh, avocado, carrot, and cucumber. Sprinkle with nori gomasio if desired. Roll up from bottom, being careful not to tear nori. Wet end of nori to seal; cut into 6-8 slices.
- *Nori Gomasio
- /4 C sesame seeds
- /2 tsp Himalayan salt
- sheet toasted nori seaweed.
- Heat sesame seeds in medium skillet over low hear, stirring frequently for 3-5 minutes or until they turn golden brown and begin to pop. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Place sesame seeds, salt and nori in a small food processor or blender; cover with lid.
- Pulse until most seeds are cracked open. Be careful not to grind to a smooth consistency; you want soe of the texture of the seeds to remain. Store in airtight container.
I hope you liked this video. I enjoy making them for you. Please comment if you did! I’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have.
You can also find me on Facebook www.Facebook.com/JenLeppert
or “Like” my page www.Facebook.com/MountainGirlFitness.
If you liked this video and would like me to be your personal coach, join my team and I’ll help you reach your goals no matter how high they are!
Together we can move Mountains!!